As a midwife I believe that my care should:
- Be individualized, based on each woman’s needs and background and directed with a holistic approach.
- Be respectful and compassionate, understanding what really matters to each unique individual.
- Advocate for each woman’s self and wishes.
- Be based on the fact that pregnancy and childbirth are natural processes and that they should not be interrupted with unnecessary interventions.
- Be based on communication and evidence based information, so that every woman can make an informed decision regarding her health and of her baby.
- Be empowering, so that every woman feels she can claim her primary role during pregnancy and childbirth.